FCSS could provide grant funding for your initiative if you are a not for profit agency or community group. We are looking for projects that are of a preventive nature that enhance the social well-being of individuals and families through promotion or intervention strategies provided at the earliest opportunity. They also must do one of the following:
- Help people develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis.
- Help people to develop an awareness of social needs.
- Help people to develop interpersonal group skills which enhance constructive relationships among people.
- Help people and communities to assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them.
- Provide supports that help sustain people as active participants in the community.
Your project must:
- Promote, encourage and facilitate the involvement of volunteers.
- Promote efficient and effective use of resources.
- Encourage and facilitate cooperation and coordination with allied service agencies operating with the municipalities.
- Promote, encourage and facilitate the development of stronger communities.
- Promote citizen participation in planning, delivery, and governance of the program and the services provided under the program.
- Complete a FCSS Grant Application Form with a projected budget and financial statement.
- Comply with the FCSS grant terms and conditions, utilizing funds only for the purposes outlined in the grant application.
- Submit a report to FCSS at project completion that includes financial reporting of the project.
- Return unused funds to the Town of St. Paul FCSS or provide a report on the projected use of those funds for approval of the FCSS board.
- Provide informal reports at the request of the FCSS program.
- Acknowledge the contribution of the FCSS grant to the larger community.