WHAT IS ST. PAUL YOUTH COUNCIL?The St. Paul Youth Council is a volunteer group composed of youth from grades 7-12 that plan and host events for the community of St. Paul. Youth Council is a great way to develop new skills, explore new career options, give back to your community and connect with other youth that are interested in providing opportunities for the community of St. Paul.
By joining Youth Council you are:
- Opening doors to future opportunities through:
- Work Experience
- Advancing your career
- Making an IMPACT in the community
- Diversifying the community by inspiring change
- Forming relationships with youth in your community
If you would like more information about SPYC, please contact our office!
WHY VOLUNTEER?Volunteering is a great way to form relationships, practice self-expression, and assist with change in your community. If you feel that there is nothing to do in our community - why not join SPYC? You can bring your ideas and make something happen in your community!
Studies have shown that volunteering not only benefits the community, but the benefits appear to have an even greater impact on the volunteer. Volunteering can help reduce stress, combat depression, keep you mentally stimulated and provide a sense of purpose.
HOW DO I BECOME A SPYC MEMBER?It's Easy!
- Complete the SPYC Volunteer Form.
- Depending on the type of volunteering a Criminal Record Check and/or Child Welfare Check may be necessary. This is done at no cost to you. Simply, come into our office and we will provide you with a letter to take to the local RCMP detachment to obtain your criminal record free of charge!