WHAT IS FCSS?Family & Community Support Services (F.C.S.S) is a unique 80/20 funding partnership established in 1966 between the Government of Alberta and participating municipalities or Metis Settlements.
At F.C.S.S, we design and deliver social programs that focus on prevention to enhance social well-being of individuals and families in our community. This is done through promotion and intervention strategies that are provided to those in need at the earliest opportunity! Our programs depend on community resources, often involving our local volunteers in management and delivery.
- Help people to develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become resistant to crisis
- Help people develop an awareness of social needs
- Help people develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationships among people within the community
- Help people and communities assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them
- Provide support to help sustain people of the community through community action.
We believe that by helping build strong people we are in turn building strong communities!
The programs and services we provide can be seen in the Services section.
OUR BOARD MEMBERS:Roxanne Bergheim Chairperson
Lucie Mahe Member at Large
Amelie Harmse Member at Large
Brad Eamon Town Coucillor
Tyson deMoissac Town Councillor
OUR STAFF:Lynn Smid F.C.S.S Director Email
Brenda Billo F.C.S.S Program & Administration Assistant Email
Michelle Duffy Parent Link Programmer Email
Kim Ouellette Parent Link Program Assistant Email